Friday, March 4, 2011

Trophy Husband

Nate is going to get a huge trophy when he gets to heaven. He puts up with a lot. But this is not just a one sided tolerance, you see there are a few things I endure as well. So lately, I have been grumpy, and lazy and tired. I have not wanted to make dinner (though the last two nights I did accomplish such a feat), I complain, and whine, and lay around while Nate takes Vanessa one walks and cheerfully goes about his ways.

But today. Oh my goodness. This cheerful, cute, nice, sincere adorable husband that I have came in while I was sleeping on the couch. He goes and makes himself a lunch, and then sits down and starts stirring strawberry syrup into his milk. Oh my gosh.... he was so loud! Just clinking the spoon against the sides of the glass over and over again.... FOR LIKE 10 MINUTES! I was so angry. Then, he leaves his dishes in the sink, and says it was because he didn't want to wake me up. RIGHT....

I tell Nate every day that I am going to go to the store and buy some food. I never do. I always intend to though. I am sincere in my intent though my statements usually end up being lies. He lets me whine to him and is always so happy and nice. He lets be be lazy and never judges me. He is such a good husband. I have no idea why he likes me. Our dating history should have driven him away, but he stuck around. Let's see if he can handle the next few months. Yikes.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the record, since it was a syrup I stirred it for approximately 4 secs. But since you were dreaming we multiply the amount of time by 150. So 4 secs x 150 = 600 seconds or 10 minutes. See the movie Inception can help us in our daily lives =).

    ReplyDelete