Sunday, November 7, 2010

Lifesaver

So Nate is a lifesaver, and always has been. I can't tell you how many times he has "saved my life". I am pretty sure the Lord just placed obstacles in my life just so that Nate and I would end up together. These "obstacles" still come up and remind me of how lucky I am to have a guy who is willing to drop anything at anytime just to help me with the smallest, yet very important, things.

So tonight.... I have been working on this form for work all week. This form requires statistics about Nevada and health information that we need for a grant. I finally get all the fields filled in, send it in, and my boss says it is blank. So, my boss says "Oh just print it out and scan it to me". So I try that.

It is Sunday today. I NEVER do any work or homework on Sunday. So, no big deal, printing on Sunday, who cares right? Suddenly, my print cartridge is gone. Dead empty. So, I go get Nate. He figures out how how to view the data on the "blank" form and then my boss prints it out. Thank heavens. Doesn't sound like a big deal, but this is a million dollar grant and I'm already the weak link on the team as it is! Whew!

A few other instances of "lifesaving" come to mind... One time I had surgery on my ankle and had to be in a wheel chair and crutches for like 4 months. Nate did everything for me. When I got home from my mission, I didn't have a parking pass at BYU, yet I had to go school and buy books and everything... guess who took care of me then?  Or this random time my laptop stopped working. It was fixed thanks to Nate. He just takes whatever little things are wrong and makes them right. He figured out a way for me to graduate from BYU early, get into grad school instantly and THEN when I decided to move to Vegas at the same time as him, he moved me all in and got me all set up at school, despite the fact that I was "dating" someone else at the time. Gosh, what a lifesaver!

The thing is, Nate is a life saver in the literal sense of the word. I almost went a different direction in my life which would have been an ETERNAL mistake. His patience, unconditional love, and unceasing ability to make me happy has saved my life, and I am so so so grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment