Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Shopping Sickness

Last weekend I went to San Diego to help my mom put up Christmas stuff. My mom is a huge Christmas fanatic and has thousands of ornaments, hundreds of wall hangings, and probably around 85 nativities. With the family Christmas party coming up, I thought she could use some help so I went down. Well, actually I would have gone anyways thanks to my wonderfully flexible school/work schedule, but decorating for Christmas was a timely and convenient excuse for a trip.

The first day I was there, we didn't do any decorating. We went shopping ALLL day and I realized that shopping is a true sickness. And my mom has it. My mom stays up past midnight every night and wakes up at like 4 every morning. I go to bed at like 9:30 and get up at like 7:30, but who has more energy? My mom! That woman can shop. I have always known it but sheesh, ALLL day long we shopped.

At like 4 or so I told my mom that I wanted leave. I felt like a little kid just whining to go home. It took a long time, trust me, to get her from one side of the mall back to the other side where the car was. Although my parents are on a "budget" (HA!) Christmas this year will hardly be impacted by the economic status of the Bartholomew home. Although mom bought me new makeup, ornaments, and jewelry "just for fun", I am still left with the unresolved and undaunting objective of buying something for the gift exchange. Any ideas?

1 comment:

  1. How about some new makeup, ornaments, or for fun jewelry? =)

    ReplyDelete