Thursday, November 4, 2010

Yay for Answered Prayers!

So, I am normally a pretty outgoing person. On my mission, as most missions go, I had to be. Considering most people thought  I was a 12-year-old American hobbit, I got used to awkward situations rather quickly. It was common for people to think I was a child, and it still is. I have gotten that my whole life. This one time I was in Alaska, and this man - who was not the smartest guy if I might add - was talking to my parents about their son. It was kinda strange because my brother wasn't even there, and it finally turned out he was referring to me! He thought I was a twelve year old boy! In his defense I was wearing a hooded sweatshirt since it was about 400 degrees below freezing, and I had not applied my trusty clinque makeup regime that day, but COME ON! 12?

In most situations I am totally fine, but lately, or rather the last 10 months, I have been so awkward at WORK! I complain about this to Nate all the time and finally realized that he has the same problem! Maybe it is because of him! Is that okay to blame him for my socially awkward tendencies at work? Let me just clarify that this problem has nothing to do with people at work. It is all because of me, or Nate I should say!

So Nate said our family prayer last night and as you may have noticed in the past, the Lord is not slow to remember Nate's prayers. He prayed for me to have a good meeting today, and prayed for all these little things that I told him about (What a great listener he is...) and needless to say, work was great today!

After 10 months of working with these wonderful and accomplished people, I finally feel comfortable, I think mostly because I have just accepted the fact that I'm kinda the weird one. Eh, oh well. Time for class!

No comments:

Post a Comment