Monday, January 17, 2011

Craigslist

There is a hobby I began, many months ago,
Searching craigslist for items wanted, prices usually low.
We found our kitchen table and our bedroom set,
Both great finds for Nate and I who want to limit debt.

We sold my airconditioner, and got more than what we paid,
My dresser sold right in time, more money for us made.
I took a break for a while, since we've been moved in,
But recently I've started up this browsing discipline.

I have found so much stuff,
Resisting purchases can be tough,
With lots of stuff and little space,
I need to organize this place.

So cleaning out I will do,
The closets and the storage too.
The more I sell, the less I stash,
More space I'll have, as well as cash.

Which leads me to my real motive,
New items that I need to live.
It may look as if I am here,
Reading or working it does appear.

But I am in another place.
You may know, by my face.
I'm thinking, but I do not know.
That I could buy a piano.

Some bare essentials will come first,
And will quench my craigslist thirst.
So if you haven't checked it out,
You'll get hooked, I have no doubt.

1 comment:

  1. You are amazing! Is this entitled "Ode to Craigslist"? Or I guess you could spice it up and call it "Ode to the list of Craig"?

    ReplyDelete