Friday, January 28, 2011

What a day

Black and white, night and day,
What a day it was today.
My presentation went real well,
At least from what I could tell.

But there was one who had to be
Difficult and hard on me.
A member of my committee,
A friend? More like an enemy.

But there was nothing I could do,
So I listened through and through,
Do this and that, I wrote them down,
Her criticism brought a frown.

Frustrated beyond belief,
I could not wait til I could leave.
Comments that she could have said
Weeks ago, raced through my head.

I passed of course, the page was signed,
But I was not feeling kind.
To my car I quickly went,
Where I could pray and I could vent.

I came home to my pup,
Right away my mood was up.
Nate came home and said to me,
"Let's go change and go hiking".

And so we got all changed and ate,
And headed to our hiking date.
From that time on the day was great,
So grateful for my pup and Nate.

No comments:

Post a Comment