Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Loyalty

Tomorrow I am going to a basketball with Nate. I have been to one other basketball game in my life, and it was quite fun. Nate has wanted to go to one for a while, but we always seem to miss the games that are actually worthwhile.

So tomorrow UNLV plays BYU. And, as I was getting my free ticket today, I thought about how I am going to wear my BYU shirt and cheer and be in the presence of other cougars, and then I started thinking about how much UNLV has done for me and I was somewhat torn on where my loyalty lies.

BYU is where I met Nate, but if it wasn't for UNLV I wouldn't have married Nate. BYU is where I got out of college debt free, but UNLV is my employer now and pays tuition and benefits. BYU was much harder, but I have appreciated UNLV's ease (minus that thesis project...). UNLV is preparing my husband for his future career, and let's be real, that is super important, but BYU prepared Nate so that he has been successful.

I do have my opinion of which school is the better school, but the question of where my loyalty lies is still unresolved. Any way there can be a tie in basketball? I think I will wear a UNLV shirt with a BYU sweatshirt.... Okay Nate is finally home. Time to eat.

2 comments:

  1. No UNLV shirts sitting next to me =). Your tithing goes to BYU =).. but your tithing comes from UNLV..hmm... I see your predicament.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite the dilemma. Hope the game was good!

    ReplyDelete