Sunday, January 2, 2011

Break

I couldn't really organize my thoughts so I decided to write a poem. A quick one but here it goes:

The last two weeks, were super fun.
I already miss our family a ton.
We hung out with my mom, brother and dad,
Vanessa was naughty, but not that bad.

The start of the break was less than ideal,
We said goodbye to Grandpa Theron as he passed through the veil.
His family was there, right by his side,
His presence with Grandma will always abide.

After the zoo, aquarium, and trips to the mall,
Christmas time came, presents and all.
A GPS system and jewelry from Nate,
Treats for the puppy and gift cards for dates.

We drove down to Carson, a city that's lame,
But had a blast with Nate's family and tried out his game.
Delicious meals and games on the Wii,
"How the Grinch Stole Christmas" by 2-year old Hallie.

With memories made and miles traveled, 
This Christmas break has sadly unraveled. 
We are home safe in Vegas tonight,
The groceries are bought and real life is in sight.

Christmas break has come to an end,
And sympathy to Nate, I do send.
He has school now from 8-5,
I hope by May he is alive.

With long school days and boards coming up,
There will be little time for the girl and the pup.
But after that's over, we will have time to play,
With minimal tests and clinic every day.

So to that time, I look forward to glee,
When we will go to San Fransisco or Yosemite.
But time will be limited, even then I know,
So back to our family we will probably go.

We are stuck in Vegas, and I don't mean to fus.
I am simply saying you should could come visit us.
The city is great, we have a dog who's fun,
Let us know when your coming, and we'll consider it done!










1 comment:

  1. Love the poem - you sure are talented!! If you ever get lonely you're more than welcome to come out here and hang out with me while Alan's in school...or come to think of it maybe I should come see you in Vegas because I still have to meet your adorable dog =)

    ReplyDelete